Mar 17, 2017

How to Do Self EMDR

 

Self EMDR

Here's how to do POSITIVE self EMDR to help with trauma and help you love yourself. No therapist is needed because there's no digging into scary trauma, its just about getting the EMDR to open up your brain and better receive the affirmation **WARNING: Do not do this with traumatic memories without a therapist. I am not liable for anything that happens **



Pick one of my playlist videos, or search your own, and listen to a video with headphones while you are alone (alone as you can be), preferably at the computer so you have a larger screen. Follow the target with your eyes and the entire time it is playing I want you to say an affirmation over and over. 

If you can't get to a computer than you can even do the EMDR yourself by finding a bright colored highlighter, pen, or object and moving it back and forth in your hand as far away from your face as possible, and side to side as far as your eyes can follow. Don't move your head, only follow with your eyes. To learn more about affirmations and what they are click HERE

Kates EMDR playlist. :
https://youtu.be/OVi7yX9X35A?list=PLZ3cNi3tQ6H_7BWNIr6WtuJxet1FucA7t

After you are done,  if you are up for it, you can also get a blank piece of notebook paper and fill up an entire page, or even listen to one of these videos with headphones while you write the affirmation over and over and over. . (also try and doodle affirmations as much as you can๐Ÿ˜ I love to say the affirmation out loud while I write them) :

Isochronic/Binaural tones. Choose the video that feels the best to you.
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ3cNi3tQ6H_kUqF-YgELM76dk_IBrMo2


Example Affirmations :


I love you _____ (say your name.  YES it feels silly,  but for some reason it works really well when speaking to your child self)

I love and approve of myself


It is safe for every part of my body to relax and feel peace.

I am safe.

I WANT to love and approve of myself. (sometimes saying "I want to love myself" instead of "I love myself" can be a good way of easing into affirmations. Especially if you struggle feeling like the affirmations are lies ๐Ÿค—) 

I WANT to feel safe. 

I want to see myself with love. 

All is well.

It is safe for me to care for myself

I digest with ease

I want to release my weight

I want/love to take care of my body

My mind is full of love, peace, and clarity

Life will always provide for me

It is safe for me to feel

I relax into the flow of life and let life provide all that I need easily and comfortably

I willingly release with joy

I see myself and what I do with eyes of love

I boldly speak how I feel with ease

It is safe to be me

I relax and recognize my self worth

Harmony and peace, love and joy surround me and indwell me. I am safe and secure.

I am safe in the here and now

It is my birthright to live fully and freely.

I lovingly balance my mind and my body. I now choose thoughts that make me feel good.

The movies of my mind are beautiful because I choose to make then so. I love me.

I am safe and secure at all times. Love surrounds me and protects me. All is well.

I am Divinely protected and surrounded by love. I now create a safe new future.

I give myself permission to be all that I can be and I deserve the very best in life. I love and appreciate myself and my children.

It is safe for me to be alive

***** I am important. I count. I now care for and nourish myself with love and with joy. I allow others the freedom to be who they are. We are all safe and free.

I freely and easily release the old and joyously welcome the new.

I am totally adequate at all times

It is easy for me to reprogram the computer of my mind. All of life is change and my mind is ever new

I trust my Heavenly Father. All I need is always taken care of.

I know I am worthwhile. It is safe for me to succeed.

It is with love that I totally release the past. I am free. I am love.

I am safe. I am at peace with life.

I am loving and lovable.

I release the pattern in me that created this. I am worthwhile. I DESERVE good.